The Helium network is set to deploy on the Solana blockchain as 81% of its community voted in favor of HIP 70, an improvement proposal for operational efficiency and better user experience.
See related article: Helium announces new token to scale 5G in multi-network expansion
- The proposal will move Helium’s proof-of-coverage algorithm and data transfer accounting to oracles to remove reliance on internal blockchain operations and expand its ecosystem on Solana.
- Oracles serve a key role in compiling off-chain data and relaying it to blockchain smart contracts.
- The move is expected to enhance mining rewards, improve network performance and give access to Solana-based decentralized apps (dApps) and utilities using Helium tokens.
- On Tuesday, Helium creator Nova Labs announced Helium Mobile in a partnership with T-Mobile to provide low-cost mobile subscription plans enabling users to earn Solana-based MOBILE tokens.
- MOBILE tokens can be converted into HNT tokens to access Helium’s decentralized wireless mobile network which includes nearly 1 million hotspots and 4,500 5G networks.
See related article: What is the Solana ecosystem and how is it fueling SOL’s stratospheric rise?
Follow for Solana Development: Beeders
Worldwide Blockchain Development Company focused on: NFT, DeFi, Web3, GameFi, Metaverse, Play to Earn, Tokenization and all about crypto software.
Products and services:
– Blockchain development
– White label nft marketplace
– White label crypto exchange
– White label metaverse
– White label web3
– White label tokenization
– White label defi
– White label gamefi
– White label play to earn
– NFT development
– DeFi development
– Web3 development
– GameFi development
– Metaverse development
– Play to Earn development
– Tokenization development
Official Website Beeders