- It was a bearish Monday session for the crypto top ten. Binance coin (BNB) led the way down for a second consecutive session.
- Risk aversion stemming from China protests sent the crypto market into the red, with news of BlockFi filing for bankruptcy adding to the negative sentiment.
- The crypto market cap fell by $13.6 billion to end the day at $776.2 billion.
Trading volumes rose on Monday as investors returned from the US Thanksgiving holidays. However, there was no post holiday cheer to support the crypto market, with news of protests across China weighing on investor appetite.
The NASDAQ Composite Index ended the day with a 1.58% loss.
“BlockFi has $256.9 million in cash on hand, which is expected to provide sufficient liquidity to support certain operations during the restructuring process.”
However, the Company did note that while the Company will focus on recovering all obligations owed, there will be delays in recoveries from FTX.
For the day ahead, US economic indicators, Fed chatter, and the NASDAQ Index will continue to provide direction. Investors will also need to monitor the crypto news for further updates on FTX-related news, including the BlockFi bankruptcy filing.
Crypto Market Falls on NASDAQ Composite Pullback and BlockFi
On Monday, the crypto market rose to an early high of $793.8 billion before sliding to a late afternoon low of $763.7 billion. Late in the day, the crypto market cap briefly revisited $783 billion before sliding back to sub-$800 billion.
The bearish end to the day left the market cap down by $13.6 billion to $776.2 billion.
The Crypto Market Movers and Shakers from the Top Ten and Beyond
It was a bearish Monday session for the crypto top ten.
From the CoinMarketCap top 100, it was a mixed session.
24-Hour Liquidations Jump on Rising Volumes and Risk Aversion
Over 24 hours, total liquidations returned to normal levels alongside increased trading volumes. Risk aversion stemming from the China protests sent liquidations higher, with BlockFi’s bankruptcy filing contributing.
At the time of writing, 24-hour liquidations stood at $91.98 million, up from $39.52 million on Monday morning.
Liquidated traders over the last 24 hours also increased. At the time of writing, liquidated traders stood at 34,626 versus 15,088 on Monday morning. Liquidations were up over 12 hours while down over four hours and one hour.
According to Coinglass, 12-hour liquidations rose from $16.93 million to $30.63 million. Four-hour liquidations fell from $10.98 million to $1.53 million, with one-hour liquidations down from $9.67 million to $0.275 million.
The chart below shows market conditions throughout the session.
BNB / USD Price Prediction : Grapeswap AI Bot
Grapeswap – token 🍇 $GRAPE – is a strong DeFi Tools for Yield Farming, Staking, Power-Ups Gains, Gamified Rewards, Play2Earn Games and Token Utility Ecosystem MultiChain.
🔑 Key features
- Multichain: BNB Chain, Polygon, AVAX, ETH, Fantom and more
- Yield Optimizer: Staking, Farming, Power-Up
- DEX: Instant Buy, Order Book, Auction, Swap and Liquidity Pool Provider
- Play to Earn: Grapenopoly
- Crypto Sports Booking: Football
- Community DAO: DAO
- Gamified Rewards: Grape Moment, Grape Slot, Grape Fortune and Grape Joker
- Wallet and Payment Tool: Grape Wallet
- and more coming
✅ Watch the BNB / USD Prediction Live on:
⏺️ Twitch – https://www.twitch.tv/grapeswap
📺 Youtube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKXr3oBNCe9f_r1f-9nZF6Q